Sick chickens, PLEASE help!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by keeversgirl, Jun 29, 2010.

1. keeversgirl

keeversgirl In the Brooder

Jul 31, 2009
    I have four chickens who have been sick for a while now. I have spent a ton of money on different medications(flagyl, fenbendazole,and antibiodic injections)vet appts, with little to no improvement. The way it would seem is gape worm, as well as giardia. Symptoms between all four chickens include the following: episodes of pale come and lethargic, shaking of head, arching neck, and bloody stools. I beg you to please help if you can, these aren't just regular chickens, their beloved pets. Thank you so much.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble Premium Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Sorry your pets are this sick, I understand, I consider my chickens as pets also. How old are your chickens? What did your vet have to say about all these symptoms, especially the bloody stools?

3. keeversgirl

Jul 31, 2009
    Prescribed all the medications above for giardia and gape worm. Now she wants to see one of them to do a complete workup for $315!!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble Premium Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Was the fenbendazole a paste or liquid? and how old are your hens?

5. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Songster

Jul 3, 2009
    Fill out the stickie that is at the beginning of the Disease section and post it into this post. It has a list of 10+ questions that will help people help you and your chickens. I'm so sorry you are having this trouble.

6. keeversgirl

Jul 31, 2009
    I apologize, but I have no idea where that is. Could you link me please? Thank you so much.

*the fenbendazole was a white liquid.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by