sick chickens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lovemybirdpets, Oct 13, 2012.

1. lovemybirdpets

lovemybirdpets Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2012
    4 chickens, 4 problems. 1st one, the face became swollen. 2nd chicken open her mouth a lot and make a noise while trying to breath. The other two just got skinnier as time pass, one of the two seems to be very active (running around), one just kind of stay one place and looks very sad. Very much appreciate if and advise. thanks a million.

2. aaabirdman

aaabirdman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    NY
    Welcome to BYC from NY[​IMG]..... I am not sure what is wrong with your birds...so I will leave it to the chicken experts to figure out whats wrong.[​IMG]

3. stargirl

stargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    UK
    The noisy breathing and opening beak sounds like she might have a respiratory infection. This would need treating with antibiotics.
    The fact that so many of your birds are failing to thrive suggests something else is running them down. Have you wormed them recently? Have you checked for mites and lice?

4. lovemybirdpets

lovemybirdpets Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2012
    Thank you for the advises. After reading many posts and went through lotz of sites, she breathe normal now. I am still working on the skinny couple and the one with the swollen face. Cross my fingers everyday. Thnx. Again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by