Sick CHUKAR

pHoEnIx_FiRe

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
i just bought a bunch of chukars and they were fine for about two days ago but now the feathers look ruffled and they are puffed out a lot they look lethargic other then hardly eat ... do they have to be off the ground ?? my pen is 10X12 and they are in with bobwhite quails ... the bobwhite are perfectly fine !!
somad.gif
any leads ???

I would not put chukars in with any other birds as they are aggressive little buggers.They don't even get along with each other.One day you go to see them and there is a dead one, the next day another.Your pen is plenty big enough for about 10-12 birds,with few males,maybe 2 at most.I found that using a masonry sand on the ground kept them much healthier looking birds.They would be much better off the ground,but they do need and love to sand bathe.Don't forget to give them perches and plenty of hiding spaces.
In N.H.,Tony.

wow thanks for the feed back i never had a problem mixing thme .. and i think is not the bobwhite thats doing anything to it is like they are suffocating and theire eyes seem to be getting puffed ... how much is that sand ???

Get them on some sulmet as soon as you can. When my friend's birds got it we saved a few. If they heal their offspring will be carriers making them useless for breeding.

Back
Top Bottom