Separate names with a comma.
Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions)
in our 2018
Coop Rating Project!
Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by yoker, Aug 29, 2008.
Our dog is not himself he is just siting around and he is not eating his nose is dry.
what do we do?
You can take the wait and see attitude or if it were me, I would take it to the vet. Being off for one day is not bad but if it continues a vet is your dogs best bet.
You didn't tell us much about your dog that could help us lead you in the right direction
3. gender (neutered or not...)
4. vaccination status
5. any changes in environment....pesticides, temperature, new plants, etc etc etc. EVEN stress (favorite family member gone for example, new baby...)
6. Diet changes. either dog food, people food, or something non-edible.
7. how long he hasn't been eating. Is he drinking?
8. has he gone anywhere besides his home lately? Have any other animals visited his house.
9. Any diarrhea or vomiting? Coughing or sneezing? Feel his ears, see if they feel hot. Is he urinating normally? Are bowel movements normal?
Anything else you could add would help.
A dry nose is only an indication that the dog hasnt licked his nose recently, nothing else. You can check dehydration by pulling the skin on the back of the neck and if it bounces back, he is hydrated.
How is the dog today? Update.....
Sometimes dogs just feel "off" and wont eat, the same as people do.
He's all better today.
So all is well.
I'm glad he's okay today!