Sick duck

CheeseEtQuackers

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2021
Hi! One of my 14 week old ducks isn’t doing too well and I wanted to see if I could get some extra help since it’s taking him a long time to recover. I noticed two weeks ago that he started to tumble around and wasn’t able to walk too far without falling over. He also isn’t able to clean himself because he will just fall to the side or onto his butt. I’ve been giving him antibiotics on his feet, orally and also vitamins daily to make sure he gets better but change has been very slow. He’s become quite lame over these weeks because of it and also looks like has come down with an eye infection along with it. Is there anything extra I could do to help my poor baby out?

Welcome to BYC - sorry about the circumstances. What are you feeding? Why are you putting antibiotics on his feet, and what antibiotics are you giving orally?
Sorry I was not descriptive in the earlier post. It seems like he is coming down with bumblefoot so I’m putting regular antibiotic ointment on it and orally I have Trimethoprim and Novox

Back
Top Bottom