sick duck

titan1

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 15, 2009
help! My two and one half month old female pekin duck is sick I believe she may have riemerella anatipestifer infection or new duck disease she was acting drunk this morning and now cannot walk at all on is on her back and panting. My husband thinks she is going to die soon and we should let her go i want to know if we have time to save her and if there is a treatment....Anyone?!!!
very sad in CT

So sorry to hear about this! I don't know about this disease, I wish I could help! Please let us know what happened.
hugs.gif

she is still with us at 1 am in the house tonight , we are trying to give her water she cannot walk and is having trouble breathing, I spoke to local vet who thinks it may be botcholism!! we have a vet appointment at 8:30 am if she makes it through the night. her mate in the pen is very upset as are my three kids. I'll let you know what happens thanks for your concern.
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Last edited:
went to the vet made it through the night! vet said it is neralogical she probobly ate lead or copper, may be viral. we force fead her an egg and she kept it down but she can't walk. I will be giving her antibiotic shots for the next few days in case its bacterial. how did you get them through the botulism thing and where do they pick that up?
fl.gif

The adult ducks may recover by this disease. I had a TERRIBLE experience with this disease. It took away 9 ducklings away from me, and tried to take their mother too.
hit.gif

This was 6 months ago, the mother did recover since we gave her medicine. She suffered after the loss. I found out it was riemerella anatipestifer about 1 month ago. On Jan. 17 they would of been 6 month old beautiful ducklings. They're the ones in my photo ID. Check my profiles for more pics of them.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom