sick duckling- new arrivals

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by oh daisy, Mar 30, 2016.

1. oh daisy

oh daisy New Egg

Mar 30, 2016
    I got 6 female Pekins who arrived today, they were born on Monday 3/28. Adorable but there's one who is noticeably smaller than the others and arrived lethargic, wobbly and with her eyes half closed while the others were bright eyed and vigorous. I gave them water, feed and grit and all, including the little one, seemed to perk up. They all pooped, ran around and then settled in for a nap under the light. I came back awhile later and found the little one away from the group, flat on her back, eyes closed and very still. I thought she was dead. She's very lethargic, wobbly head, won't stand or walk. I called Metzer Farms, they said to try egg yolk blended in water, separate her from the others, keep her warm, give her water, etc. Any other ideas? My daughter and I devastated please help if you can!

2. FaerieGlynne

FaerieGlynne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2016
    Clackamas County Oregon
    I'm a newbie so my only suggestion is to get some save a chick which is electrolytes and vitamins that you add to the water. How's your little baby doing?

Edit
    Durvet Performance Poultry Probiotics & Electrolytes for poultry Was also recommmended

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by