Sick duckling?

SRagno

Chirping
Nov 10, 2020
I have 3 baby ducks about a week old. My Blue Swedish appears sick. It looks as though she's sneezing. She did run around like the other 2 when they first got here. Should I take her to the vet or is there a home remedy for a cold I don't know about? Do they even "medicate" ducks? Thanks in advance for any feedback!
New duck mom,
Stacy

Hi there, can you post a picture of their setup? Do they have deep enough water source to clear their nares of debris? They will Put their heads under and blow bubbles to clear. See if they will do that and if it helps.

Oh yes.
Hi there, can you post a picture of their setup? Do they have deep enough water source to clear their nares of debris? They will Put their heads under and blow bubbles to clear. See if they will do that and if it helps.
That's not an issue. This sure has well informed me of how to provide for them, so many helpful folks out there.😏 I panicked and took her to the ER vet. They're thinking an upper respiratory issue from the stress of their mail trip over from CA ( Metzer Farms). Going to try some antibiotics tonight and he'll see her tomorrow.🥰🦆

Back
Top Bottom