1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sick ducks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jennifermoose, Apr 30, 2016.

1. jennifermoose

jennifermoose New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    I have 2 ducks roughly 5 weeks old and one of them seems sick. I think it may just be me freaking out for no reason but I've seen his/her eyes look a little red and now it's poo is very runny and orangish yellow. And it's like projectile. (I know gross info) I'm just not sure if its right this is my first time owning ducks. They have gotten the normal chick feed and i have fed them cucumber before in small bites. If anyone knows anything that can help please do!! Thank you!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm sorry I don't know anything about ducks. I don't even know if they are supposed to eat chick feed. Is this medicated chick feed, - that may be something they shouldn't have.

Can you get any help from the seller? Please post asap on the "Duck thread," and also "Emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures, "thread

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC. Sadly, I know nothing about ducks, but DD has pointed you in the right direction for help.

Good luck
    CT

4. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

5. jennifermoose

jennifermoose New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    Thank you everyone!

6. Tami555

Tami555 New Egg

May 1, 2016
    Hello, Also new here. I have a pekin who went limp. Caught her and seen she had swelling in her foot and bumble foot. Soaked and pulled off the scabs and treated with iodine and vetericyn. Today I went out there to soak her again and foot is twice as big and has green smelly poop

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by