sick geese

chickengr

Crossing the Road
9 Years
Dec 29, 2014
greece
hi,
I have got my first geese ever about 3 months ago as gosling. I am away (abroad) and my mother called me and informed that 1 goose died. after that the other 2 could not stand and were dropping there heads. the other symptom is they drink a lot of water and sit in water (probably have fever). as there is no vet there I sent a friend to butcher them. he checked all of there internal organs and there is no sign of any disease. 2 days later another goose was drinking water and sitting in a dish with water. my mother took her out and she could not stand or keep her head high. she got butchered too. there are 3 left and one of them seems sick too. I will be back on wednesday and I will probably not find any goose alive. any idea what might be wrong?

there was sick dove around but no chicken or muscovie duck got sick. I have geese's run between duck's run on one side and chicken's run on another side. there is no possibility that someone can throw anything in their run to poison them.

last sunday my parents chopped some olive branches in geese run in order to keep it clean. I don't think that anyone treats olives at this time of the year. the first goose got sick 3 days after they got new bedding so I don't think it might be poisoning.

I have the same problem .what have you done with your goose .if you know any solution please help me too.20 goose die with the same symptoms

I have the same problem .what have you done with your goose .if you know any solution please help me too.20 goose die with the same symptoms

sorry for your losses. I don't know why my geese died but we have a lot of mosquitoes and gnats here. I have just found out they might poison poultry if bitten by a great number.

Back
Top Bottom