sick girl

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Jeannesa, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Jeannesa

Jeannesa New Egg

Dec 29, 2014
    Hi

I found one of my chicken by herself in the corner of the coop. She ...is not active and her eyes are closed. She seems to be breathing fine. I gave her some water and feed by shaking the container in front of her face, since she can't see. she drank and eat and she can still stand on her feet. I isolate her in the garage in a dog crate to keep an eye on her and make sure that she will not contaminate the other ones. Her eyes are not watery but shut close and her comb seem to be lame. Any idea what she could have.
    As a first time chicken keeper I'm starting to panic with everything I read. So many things. Can anyone give me advise?

thank you

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Are her eyelids swollen, does she have eye or nasal drainage, cough or sneeze? Is there dust, ammonia odors, or moldy wet conditions that could irritate her eyes? How long have you owned her, and have you recently added any new ones? I would make sure she has good ventilation without having a direct draft on her.

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC. Can you post a picture of her face?

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by