Sick Goose

klesoine

Chirping
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
I have a goose that seems to be suffering from a respiratory issue. I isolated her and went to tractor supply to get tylan 50 and duramycin-10. Can anyone tell me which one I should try and if the tylan 50, what dosage? Also, if advised, how should I use the duramycin-10? thanks in advance

I have a goose that seems to be suffering from a respiratory issue. I isolated her and went to tractor supply to get tylan 50 and duramycin-10. Can anyone tell me which one I should try and if the tylan 50, what dosage? Also, if advised, how should I use the duramycin-10? thanks in advance
Tylan is for most respiratory infections. MY med chart says to inject 1cc per day for 3-5 days under skin or in breast muscle

Make sure there is no ammonia oder in her bedding that can cause aspergilosis which is pneumonia.
Tylan Powder - 1-2 tsp. per gallon of water for 5 days [ I'd go with the Tylan. ]

I hope she improves quickly.
Tetracycline
Tetracycline Hydrochloride Soluble powder Duramycin-10 powder Feed stores $6-8 Tetracyclines --Infectious Synovitis/Mycoplama Synovaie
--Mycoplasma Gallisepticum or E. coli causing Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD) or Air Sac Disease
--possibly Necrotic Enteritis?

Turkeys only: Bluecomb For MG: 1/8 tsp per cup water.
Drinking water may turn yellow or brown.
Mix fresh twice daily (Loses potency quickly).
*Minerals & dairy products reduce med absorption--
allow 2+ hrs before/after give med if possible. Citric or other organic acids may help increase absorption.
*Rare risk possible if combined with Vitamin A or
Hydrochloride Soluble powder Duramycin-10 powder Feed stores $6-8 Tetracyclines --Infectious Synovitis/Mycoplama Synovaie
--Mycoplasma Gallisepticum or E. coli causing Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD) or Air Sac Disease
--possibly Necrotic Enteritis?

Turkeys only: Bluecomb For MG: 1/8 tsp per cup water.
Drinking water may turn yellow or brown.
Mix fresh twice daily (Loses potency quickly).
*Minerals & dairy products reduce med absorption--
allow 2+ hrs before/after give med if possible. Citric or other organic acids may help increase absorption.
*Rare risk possible if combined with Vitamin A or

Last edited:
thanks for the information, Miss Lydia. I gave her 1 cc tylan 50 orally because I am not comfortable with giving her a shot and I saw on site that others have used tylan orally. If you have any thoughts about that, i'd love to hear them. I thought I would give her 1 cc twice daily until improvement. Would you recommend the duramycin-10 in addition? Also, I have baytril that a vet perscribed for a chicken with bumblefoot. I've read it can be used for geese for respiratory issues. Any thoughts about how I should use what is available to me?

thanks for the information, Miss Lydia. I gave her 1 cc tylan 50 orally because I am not comfortable with giving her a shot and I saw on site that others have used tylan orally. If you have any thoughts about that, i'd love to hear them. I thought I would give her 1 cc twice daily until improvement. Would you recommend the duramycin-10 in addition? Also, I have baytril that a vet perscribed for a chicken with bumblefoot. I've read it can be used for geese for respiratory issues. Any thoughts about how I should use what is available to me?
I'm not sure if I'd combine antibiotics just yet, lets see if the Tylan will do it's job. I have heard great things about it. Okay you have Baytril I am going to go get casportpony then she is my go to for Baytril and we'll see if she thinks this may be a better choice.Okay after typing all of that about the Baytril I just read on my med chart that Baytril isn't as good as the Tylan for treating respiratory it is good for bacterial pneumoina though. and air sac infections. what are her symptoms? Did you see you can use the Tylan in her drinking water if you choose is it powder?

Back
Top Bottom