Sick Goose- Help!

buglett88

Chirping
Mar 17, 2017
Snohomish County, WA
One of my geese is acting weird. He just wants to sit- not as social as he usually is. He's also holding one wing lower than the other. He's still drinking- any ideas? I noticed him acting off about 3 days ago, then seemed better.

Also- bright green, watery poop, inhaling normally but exhaling very slowly and deeply, not really interested in food.

He's a 1.5 year old African male goose.
Currently have him sitting in my shower in the bathroom with poultry cell mixed into some water, also fresh water.

Is a vet an option? Being honest this is something serious that only a vet can deal with, considering the green droppings and drooping Wing this sounds like hardware disease, he may have zinc or lead poisoning.

If you have activated charcoal make him swallow some.

Other possibilities could be botulism or some illness that’s making him very very weak, neon green droppings indicate liver damage, either from toxins or anorexia, the drooping wing is either extreme weakness or some sort of neurological issue, either from some sort of trauma or toxins, “lead, zinc, botulism, etc..”

Do you have any pictures of his droppings?

Also does his voice sound strange? Is he wheezing or coughing? Shaking or flicking his head?
How was he acting strangely a few days ago?
He is making the tiniest wheezing sound... it's very light. No shaking or flicking of the head.

Two days ago I noticed him sitting by himself in the yard. He wasn't really interested in being with my other two. When I closed them in that night he just wanted to sit alone under the roosting area.
I can take some tomorrow.

He is making the tiniest wheezing sound... it's very light. No shaking or flicking of the head.

Two days ago I noticed him sitting by himself in the yard. He wasn't really interested in being with my other two. When I closed them in that night he just wanted to sit alone under the roosting area.
I can take some tomorrow.

Do you have any kind of antibiotics on hand? I can’t say they’ll do any good, on the chance he has a bacterial infection they might help, but ultimately I don’t know what’s wrong.

Back
Top Bottom