sick guinea

jessicapriest

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 23, 2015
i have this guinea hen that appears to be sick. i am going to tell you all the background i can: she has been at the bottom of the pecking order for a few months but has got along fine. i noticed that she had extra long toe nails about a month ago that sort curled out to the side so we cut them down close to the quick but they still kind of curl out to the side. we went out of town for 6 days and i had them cooped up the entire time with hay and a lot of water and food. now that we are back she is staying at the coop by herself all day and is not perching at night. there are brown spots under her eyes and the eyes look kind of sleepy all the time. she keeps her feathers puffed up and her head tucked in at all times which she never used to do. she still eats and drinks everyday, today i added cayenne pepper and diatomaceous earth to their food and sprinkled it in the hay and saw her eat the food. i thought that may help if she has worms. i previously only added the cayenne pepper to food for a dewormer. i also added extra acv to the water and set out garlic. her poop seems to look pretty normal to me. any other ideas for me? thank you!

What type of climate do you live in, and could you post a picture of the spots on her face? I wonder a little about fowl pox. Are mosquitoes out now, or is it cold? If you want to deworm her you should use a product such as fenbendazole (Safeguard, Panacur) or Valbazen.

Back
Top Bottom