Sick guinea?

Runkrod

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 17, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Hi,
Just started Phase 1 of my new "farm", started with 6 Guinea keets about 3 weeks old. Have them in a large wire dog crate with water, food, pine shavings, a couple of perches and a 40watt light for heat if they want it. We are on day 5 and one of the keets doesn't seem to be too happy. She has her neck scrunched down (tucking her head down), with feathers fluffed up, is making a squeek when she breathes and has a little white krusty on her beak. She doesn't seem to be eating with the others either, just kinda sulking in the corner. Although she will put out the energy when I try to pick her up. Anyone know what could be ailing my little one?
Thanks

I don't know. Separate her and make sure she's nice and warm and has her own food and water. She should get better on her own. The other guineas will be a nuisance to her when she's sick but I would put her in a plastic box about a cubic foot (I think a foot is about 30 centimetres) with paper towels on the floor and a heat lamp.and see if she eats when she's on her own.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am late in looking for info. She has died quite suddenly. Did a little shake, almost seizure like, and then was done. Will keep a close eye on the others to make sure no one else starts to show any odd symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom