sick hen and lost a hen, HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Aj1911, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Aj1911

Aj1911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    ok so yesterday i found one of my GLW's in the corner of the coop unable to stand so i bring her in and thinking it was botulism from something tried to give her a flush (molasses water) but she wouldnt drink and died a few hours later the strange thing is she was perfect 24 hours before that and i mean perfect not a health problem at all, never been sick, no signs AT ALL tell i found her in the coop she also had breathing problems when i found her like she had a hard time breathing.

my other GLW has runny, whitish poop (same and the GLW that passed away) and is acting puffed up and has been for about 3 days but has gotten better she was also sick like this about 2 months ago for about 3 weeks before getting better after a dusting (found mites but since then cleaned the coop, dusted it and all birds) i also had 3 other birds act like this but got 110% better after a dusting so i thought it was just mites.

now today looking around i found a fungus on some wood chips i've been meaning to put in the garden and i noticed it was dry and if i messed with it went all powdery and airborne and i know the chickens messed around in them to get bugs

any help would be awesome.

2. tamelroy

tamelroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Mass
  3. Aj1911

Jun 4, 2009
    its more of a creamy white-ish yellow

heres a pic

[​IMG]

4. Aj1911

Jun 4, 2009
    Quote:yea it is, i lost a GLW last year with a unique color pattern maybe one of a kind, your poo looked just like that and we never found out why =/

this is my second chicken to lose and hopefully my last unless its from old age

5. Aj1911

Jun 4, 2009
    anyone?

6. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    This kind of poop doesn't look too abnormal, though the greenish bit is a slightly abnormal colour. The white bit is just uric acid which birds excrete,

sorry I can't be more helpful,

sandie

7. Aj1911

Jun 4, 2009
    Quote:hmm

well the strange part is they act like they dont feel well and i dont know why

8. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    My 13 week old roo died last Monday,and his downward spiral sounds similar to what your hen did. It was so fast I had little time to do anything,and nothing I did do helped.I have read of the necro being done,but I just buried mine.If you ever figure out what was causing it I would like to know as it might be what happened to my roo.I was so upset cleaning everything to try and prevent further deaths.

9. Aj1911

Jun 4, 2009
    Quote:sadly i couldnt do a necro as my hen died friday and no vets are open on the weekend plus by the time i got her out monday it would of been to long for a good one [​IMG]

10. Aj1911

Jun 4, 2009
    my other GLW is getting worse and i have no idea why, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone have any idea what would make them move slower, have mucusy runny white-light yellow poop with no green and make them puff up ALOT?.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by