Sick Hen Need Help!!

chickencoopwilkins

Hatching
9 Years
May 13, 2010
Hello all,
I have a hen that is almost 4 years old and is acting sick. I noticed 2 days ago she would not "run" from me. She has always kept her distance from me. Tonight I noticed some poop sticking around her butt and when she tried to run, she falls down. She can walk fine but she can not run. She eats and drinks. She has not laid eggs regularly for a while. It has been several days since I have gotten an egg from her. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!

Search on the term "eggbound". She may have an egg inside her that's stuck or broke. This could cause those symptoms, as well as a few other things.

Start with eggbound and best of luck.

I do not feel a egg stuck in her and she does not have anything that feels odd or abnormal. Her comb is a little pale so I did a search on that. Have checked for mites/lice and find no evidence of that. I seen some people post about feeding yogurt and oatmeal so I feed her some yogurt this morning. Wow, I didn't know chickens liked yogurt!! She does not seem to be getting any better so I am open to all suggestions and things to try. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom