Sick hen please help!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chelseajordan32, Sep 12, 2016.

1. chelseajordan32

chelseajordan32 New Egg

Sep 12, 2016
    I have a 6 month old Dominique hen that is acting very sick. She has been laying under the hen house for two days. She will let you pick her up with no struggle what so ever which is not like her. When you sit her back down she just lays in the exact position you lay her in. Does not try to move at all, never stands. We have given her electrolytes, dewormer, ac vinegar. She's willingly eating and drinking water when we give it to her by hand but she will not move a bit to get it herself. She poops right where she's laying and it's very runny and a bit yellow. Other than that she has no other symptoms. All her feathers are good, no blood, no heavy breathing, no fluffed feathers or swollen anything. Eyes look clear but she does close them a lot to look like she's sleeping. Just very lethargic. Any help would be very appreciated!!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Welcome to BYC!

Can you take her to a vet?

-Kathy

4. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Keep giving her electrolytes etc and i would give her yogurt or you can buy a sav a chick digestive pack at tractor supply.Best of luck

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by