sick hen.some help please...update with pics-maybe cocci????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kyrose, Aug 27, 2010.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    hello,i have a 1 yr.old duccle.she has an eye that she keeps closed.ive checked it and i cant see anything wrong with it.theres no liquid coming out of her eyes or nostrils.shes acting lathargic,but theres no weight loss (yet).i havent been able to see if shes eating and drinking,but when i went out lastnight to give treats she did perk up and get some.scratching my head here.any ideas?
    thanks.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    anyone?

3. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    she just pooed and it had some red slimy stuff in it.it also had the green with white.could this be cocci? i thought that mostly happened in younger birds.ive had my birds for over a year and none have had this problem...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  4. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    now i think that poo was intestinal lining.that was the last time she pooed.i dont think she has eaten or drank anything at all today.does anyone have any ideas?

5. Agnella

Agnella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    N. Georgia
    Perhaps it would help if you could post a pic of her eye?

Good luck!

6. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    she just pooed again and it still has that slimy red in it.how often do they shed the intestinal lining? theres really nothing to see with her eye.its not swollen,red,nothing coming out of it.when i open it her eye looks around and is clear.i dont know why shes keeping it closed.

7. Agnella

Agnella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    N. Georgia
    From what I understand they only shed it every once in a while...not very often.

How is her eye today?

8. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    shes no better so ive started to treat for cocci but im not sure shes drinking the water...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by