Sick Hen with Green poop

Lavender6

Songster
Jul 5, 2021
Mount Vernon KY
Hey Everyone. I have a sick girl. Sneezed about 4 times last night but not today. However, she was standing around humped up in a corner. I brought her in and put her in a cage. She is still eating but selectively and drinking. Chest seems to have a very daint wheezing. I don't know how to treat her. I have attached a couple of pictures. Please help. I have Corid, Tylan 50 and LA200. I also need to know dosage. TY

Attachments

• 20220306_161100.jpg
    20220306_161100.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220306_161040.jpg
    20220306_161040.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 7
Have you felt her crop? Is it full and squishy? Wheezing and sneezing can occur when a full yeasty crop backs up into the chicken's throat. Check again in the morning before she eats. If it's still full, it's a crop infection needing treatment. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Crop disorders can cause starvation and that causes the green poop. So, let's try to rule that out before jumping right on an antibiotic.

Have you felt her crop? Is it full and squishy? Wheezing and sneezing can occur when a full yeasty crop backs up into the chicken's throat. Check again in the morning before she eats. If it's still full, it's a crop infection needing treatment. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Crop disorders can cause starvation and that causes the green poop. So, let's try to rule that out before jumping right on an

Crop disorders can cause starvation and that causes the green poop. So, let's try to rule that out before jumping right on an antibiotic.
No sour crop, a little white mix in diarrhea this morning. Wheezing not as bad but nose a bit runny. I applied vetex and added a little vitamins to water

Good. Reserve the Tylan 50 to use if her symptoms get worse, but it should clear up on its own. You can use the Tylan orally at .5ml twice a day for five days. Give by syringe directly into the beak.
2E58EFC7-81BD-4ADE-88BC-5E00F907A388_1_105_c.jpeg

Comb kind of droopy and pinkish red, faint rattle in chest. Stands in corner bunched up, clear poop, last night she popped clear with a little white mixed. She was on 3 days of 1 ml safeguard goat wormer and then yesterday was 7th day so I started the second round. Noticed her alone and bunched up then. A few stick looking worms the first day.last week .Other chickens had non but treated anyway.

It appears you've covered the bases. She could be having an issue expelling a heavy worm load. This can be life threatening.

As a precaution, it would be best to treat her for shock with electrolytes and sugar water first. Then, once she perks up from that, give her a molasses flush to help flush out the accumulated worm load. This is safe, easy, and can't hurt her. Use one teaspoon of molasses in one-fourth cup of warm water. Let her drink it all while removing her other water source until she's consumed the molasses solution.

Back
Top Bottom