1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. SierraWakeley

SierraWakeley New Egg

Feb 8, 2017
    Murdo SD
    This morning I noticed one of my hens looks under the weather. She didn't come down from the perch this morning, Her back end is very dirty and she smells like pee.. she did take a drink of water when I put her outside by the water.. I felt her underside and it didn't feel hard like she's obstructed.

2. Venevee

Venevee Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2016
    Is she eating? Make sure you observe her and make sure she eats. It's a good sign that she's drinking water. I would also give her a bath and keep a close eye on her.

3. SierraWakeley

SierraWakeley New Egg

Feb 8, 2017
    Murdo SD

I don't know about eating she was the last I knew yesterday. I will be checking on her.. I was considering bringing her up to the garage and crate her to better check on her.

4. Venevee

Venevee Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2016
    I would definitely consider confining her. That way if she is sick, it won't spread to the rest of the flock and you can keep a better eye on her. Hope she gets better soon and good luck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by