Sick hen

Chickenlover2022

In the Brooder
Dec 26, 2021
Someone help me please!! Ive tried posting a video. My favorite hen isnt doing so good. Ever since this snow weather started shes been ill. And i cant tell if shes dying. But shes very weak and wont eat. She has some food in her breast for over a week now. I have to force her to drink electrolytes and Nutri-Drench for support. I dont know what to do i wanna cry. All she does is sleep. She feels so boney. Im so worried shes been ill for 2 weeks now. Breathing hard as she sleeps. I wanna cry so bad i can’t even post a video

nope the food is disappearing very slowly. it was fuller last week so she must be eating it. thats why she wont nibble anything. she seems to be relying on the food in her crop. she drank on her own last week. but shes seems weaker this week shes coughing and sounds like mucus every time she breathes. go i been feeding her gatorade with water mixed a little and today i fed it to her straight up. im using the nurtridrench dropper to give it to her. i gave her some nutri drech also for support. but ive tried sending a video on here but it wont let me. all she does is sleep. she wont eat or drink on her own. the first snow fall 3 weeks ago must of got to her. i brought her in my home that night because she seemed frozen and the cold got her weak but i figured she would pull thru by now! shes been in her for almost 1 month and when the sun shines thru my window i put her near my window for heat support. shes breathing a little hard cuz im sure shes stuffy with mucus

How old is she? Does she lay eggs? Have you added any new birds recently? Can you feel of her crop first thing in the morning before she has had any food or water? If it is full and hard or full and puffy in the morning, she may have a crop disorder. It normally feels empty and flat in the morning, and full in the evening. Reproductive and crop disorders, and cancer are common in chickens, and one of those could be adding to her problem. Coughing and mucus congestion can be signs of a respiratory disease, and those are spread by a carrier. Have you seen bubbles or foam in an eye swelling of an eyelid, or nasal drainage? Can you get some Tylan or Tylosin, or oxytetracycline to treat her? Try again to upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here. If not, then post a couple of pictures of her.

How old is she? Does she lay eggs? Have you added any new birds recently? Can you feel of her crop first thing in the morning before she has had any food or water? If it is full and hard or full and puffy in the morning, she may have a crop disorder. It normally feels empty and flat in the morning, and full in the evening. Reproductive and crop disorders, and cancer are common in chickens, and one of those could be adding to her problem. Coughing and mucus congestion can be signs of a respiratory disease, and those are spread by a carrier. Have you seen bubbles or foam in an eye swelling of an eyelid, or nasal drainage? Can you get some Tylan or Tylosin, or oxytetracycline to treat her? Try again to upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here. If not, then post a couple of pictures of her.
thank you so much for your help. sadly she passed away peacefully in her sleep at 1pm i am devistated. she was my babygirl. i spoiled her and loved her til the very end! i never seen a hen die peaceful the way she did. she was ready. my heart is aching in pain because ill never have one like her again but u know what? im so thankful i have her son. that was her last egg baby. she didnt have eye swelling. she showed no signs of death thats what freaked me out. she did seem more weaker tho today compared to other days. there was no nasal drainage. she did have a cold. i think her body was too weak to keep fighting. she was a cochin bantam. im so depressed

thank you so much for your help. sadly she passed away peacefully in her sleep at 1pm i am devistated. she was my babygirl. i spoiled her and loved her til the very end! i never seen a hen die peaceful the way she did. she was ready. my heart is aching in pain because ill never have one like her again but u know what? im so thankful i have her son. that was her last egg baby. she didnt have eye swelling. she showed no signs of death thats what freaked me out. she did seem more weaker tho today compared to other days. there was no nasal drainage. she did have a cold. i think her body was too weak to keep fighting. she was a cochin bantam. im so depressed
I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost a very favorite bird yesterday and I’m broken-hearted. I can understand a little how you feel. It seems like her end was peaceful and that she didn’t suffer very long. How lucky you have her son.

Sorry that you lost her.

Back
Top Bottom