1. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    i have a silkie hen with discharge comming from her nose & eyes sweld shut & runny also rattles when breathing, dosent stink (yet) & eats & drinks fine, i put her on duramicen, anybody got any sugestions, or tell me what i have got here, hope its not coraza, what do i need to give her. thanks

2. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    I know there's somebody here who knows the answer to that....bump for the chicken hen.

3. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    There are so many different chicen diseases its hard to tell

It might help to go to farm and tractor and get a packet of antibiotics , thou antibiotics will only prevent seconday infection and help aleviate bacterial infection, it may help ..it has a picture of a chicken on the front along with other livestock safe to use on with directions on the back for dosage...After you mix with water , you might need to use an eye dropper to giver her a little bit of the water to help her out a couple times a day, dont overload, and when she starts drinking again use for recomended number of days in drinking water.
    The directions are a bit confusing, so dont stir too much into the water, it must be mixed every morning as it does not stay stable over 24 hours and turns an ugly color after that...

4. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
  5. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I used Tylan injectable

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by