Sick Japanese Bantam Shaky, Pale, Lethargic

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Autumn613, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Autumn613

Autumn613 New Egg

Jul 28, 2014
    Lakeland, Florida
    My Japanese Bantam is about a year old now and this is the first time she has been sick. She is 1 of my 2 chickens and they are seperated but I keep them near my rabbits. I found her in her box that I keep in her pen. She was hunched over and her feathers were fluffed. Her head was shaking and her comb and face is really pale almost as white as her feathers. She was really hot as well like a fever almost. My papaw said that she has worms andan oncoming case of pneumonia, I live in Florida and here lately it has been getting really cold.. We went tothe feed store and got some wormer but it said it was for like roundworms, large and small worms. It just came on all of a sudden.. She has been like this for about 2 days now and I don't know what else to do... If anyone has any information please let me know! Thank you!

2. Autumn613

Autumn613 New Egg

Jul 28, 2014
    Lakeland, Florida
    Oh and also a couple of weeks ago maybe a month or two she had black spots on her face and it looked like something was eating at her beak up near her face.. I didn't know what it was or how to treat it so I just waited it out and it finally healed.. I don't know if that is relevant to what is wrong with her now or...?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by