Sick male ringneck

ItsYelik

In the Brooder
Jan 26, 2021
My sweet boy Duck has been very lethargic. We noticed it yesterday evening. He’s housed with his mate Goose, and two 4 week old babies Pigeon and Biscuit. The other doves are acting as they usually do, but Duck is lethargic, fluffed up, with runny green stools, and has little to no appetite. We took him to the vet, and they said it could either be an infection or he’s just stressed, but they didn’t do any testing. They gave him subcutaneous fluids and prescribed him enrofloxacin for 10 days. They said if he isn’t better tomorrow, to bring him back and they will run tests. It’s hard for me to stay patient, because I just really want to see him get better. I’m posting this to see if there is anything more that I could be doing to help him. I’ve read about probiotics and vitamins that I could give him, but I’m not sure where I can buy them. I do want to add something to what the vet said about stress. I noticed recently that he has been more aggressive towards the babies. Early yesterday, he was pecking Pigeon aggressively, so we removed Duck for a little to cool off. Could the baby doves be stressing him out? He’s also lost a few flight feathers today, and I asked the vet if it could be stress from him about to moult, but she didn’t think it was that. He seemed to act more alert and active at the vets office, but once he got home, he kinda just went back to being puffed and lethargic. I’m just at a loss. He seems a little more active than he was this morning, but still the same. He also cooed for the first time since early yesterday, and he just sounded so tired…Any input at all would help us tremendously. Thank you in advance

Back
Top Bottom