Sick Meaty. What's wrong with it?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by galanie, Sep 27, 2011.

1. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    I got some cornish x from mypetchicken (I know, LOL) last week and one is sick. At first, all were just as robust as any other. Then, starting a few days ago, one started getting calmer and calmer. Yesterday I knew for sure something was wrong with it. It was just laying and sleeping and not stirring much. But today, it's uncoordinated and wobbly, can't seem to really eat or walk in the direction it wants to go.

Link to video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_eRLCpyK4A

Anyone
    know what is wrong with it? I tried to get some vitamins down it but overall I don't have a lot of hope for the little guy. I just want to know, if possible, what's ailing it.

2. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    Poor little guy. I hope that someone with some knowledge comes along to help you out. I would say though, that putting him/her on a towel or something like that may help a bit. I know you had him on the slippery counter top just to show him, but at least something that may allow him to get traction may help and will reduce the chance of further injury from slipping and straining. Best wishes.

3. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Well in the video his foot was curled under does that have anything to do with it?

4. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    No, if you keep watching, he straightens it out. It's rarely curled, it just had a problem with the slippery surface and since it's uncoordinated, didn't put it down straight for a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by