Sick of insurace

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by stargazingmommy, Sep 15, 2011.

1. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    A yeah ago August I got rear ended at a stop light. Injured my shoulder(I was leaning over to pick my wallet up off the floor so shoulder took the full force of the seat belt). Did months of physical therapy, MRI, doctors all the good stuff. The persons insurance started sending me letters saying they were denying the medical because injury wasn't consistent with damage to the vehicle. After trying to deal with them i turned it over to my lawyer. All I had asked was for them to fix my car(they did) and pay the medical. Current medical bills are near $10,000. Lawyer sent a demand letter insisting they pay the medical also. They offered $1300 for medical bills, $500 pain and suffering(which i don't care about). So, since they refuse, its in litigation now.
    Yesterday....I was in a 7-11 parking lot, out of my car, door open, turned to get my wallet out of the car. Someone decided to back into the spot next to me...right into my open door. And...she has the same insurance I'm in litigation with. Joy.
    I managed to get my door closed and to get home. called my insurance.
    Opted to pay the deductible and go through my insurance so I don't have to deal with this other one.
    Went to the fair with the kids(saw Weird Al FTW) and got home to a message that the other insurance needs me to call them to give a statement. grrrrrrrr I really don't have time for this or the energy to deal with them.
    For the past week I've been terrified of getting in an accident because yesterday my car was going in to have stuff put on to tow our new toy. Yesterday morning is when it was scheduled to go in. The irony of it all...Ended up not having the stuff put on till afternoon, because they wanted to inspect it to make sure it was safe to tow before the repairs were made. Thankfully it was and our new tent trailer is now sitting in my drive way...unable to be used until next week because my car has to go in the shop in an hour. Of course our other car is a PT cruiser and there's no towing it with that. So camping trip postponed till the end of the month.

My car has been hit *3* times in the past year. twice while i was parked, once stopped at a red light. Twice I wasn't even in it.

2. TexasToucan

TexasToucan Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2010
    The only two times my husband and I have filed an insurance claim, we weren't in the vehicle at the time and it was by an uninsured motorist. Luckily our motor vehicle insurance is first rate (USAA). Wish I could say the same about our medical insurance. We have BCBS, and they bite. Drag their feet for every claim, no matter how small, and always are trying to check and see if there is anyone else involved they can sue for damages. I hate them, but they are all we can get. Don't even want to think of how much we pay per month to get the sorry coverage, either.

3. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    Good luck with your claim. My Boyfriend was hit at a red light(he was stopped, waiting for the left arrow to turn green) and got hit. It took four years to settle the claim.

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    That darn wallet of yours! No seriously I am so sorry you are going through this,and I pray you get the bills covered. We pay so much for insurance.Struggle to pay them all(car,home,medical,life) in HOPES that they pay when we need them too.

I was so upset the other day when one driver ran a red on me,but I stopped in time.Other was a driver that came into my lane going fast around a curve,and again I was able to swerve(sp?) and avoid.Just a matter of time though. I always thought it was cell phone use/txting that has increased the accident rate,but in the last 2 it was just stupid drivers.

Healings and again hope things get paid.

5. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    I've been fighting insurance companies since a bad accident in December of 04'. My medical bills and drug expenses alone are about 100k per year. If they would have actually tried to be more helpful in the beginning, I probably would be better off today. Don't let them get over on you, hire an attorney(or let the one you have handle it). I have two, one for my legal matters and one for my healthcare matters.

Good Luck!!!

6. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    so, damage to my car comes to $2282.50. AND it's going to take 5 freakin days to get it back. Don't they know I need my SUV? like now. I need to go to the hardware store and pick up some wood(building a greenhouse) and it's quite entertaining when I transport 2x4's in the PT cruiser. Speaking of that car... I had 22 .5 cubic yard bags of river rocks and 4 50 lb bags of mulch in it today...car packing skills...i have them...however...hubby was yelling don't hit that bump don't hit the curb don't go over the speed bumps don't don' don't. He was afraid it would bottom out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by