1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sick or heart broken?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by KR2 Chicks, Sep 21, 2016.

1. KR2 Chicks

KR2 Chicks New Egg

Aug 20, 2016
    Old Hickory TN
    I have a four mount old hen, her bff is a roo that she hatched with. They became buddies from the start and the other two roo's hooked up. I found homes for the other two (who needs three rooster) i keep the one hen and her and bff. I went and got three new pullets keep everyone apart for a mount and just introduced the three new ones to the big coop Friday. Everything went well i thought,
    My birds free range if im home. So Monday i got home by around 2:00 and she was up against her mirror sound asleep. Everyone came out but her. I went to check on her and got her out. She came down the hill went under my truck an went back to sleep. Now she is just staying in the coop all day, sleeping all the time. The rest are doing good and i see no problems. The roo did his job and chased the three new ones around a couple of days and is even roosting next to one. She stayed back while he was letting everyone know this was his yard. He has now started to chase her around also. Hope all this sounds normal don't want to lose my green legged hen. She is my favorite. Any opinion or suggestion would be helpful.
    Thanks

2. ChickenChaser9

ChickenChaser9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2016
    Sounds fairly normal.

3. KR2 Chicks

KR2 Chicks New Egg

Aug 20, 2016
    Old Hickory TN
    Didn't mean to post this twice, sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by