Sick or messed up by others

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by crazyc, Mar 24, 2013.

1. crazyc

crazyc New Egg

Feb 25, 2013
    Pilot mountain n.c.
    Just have a serious question I have a brama that was pecked in the head by 2 older hens until it was almost unconscious I rescued it isolated it .it perched for a while and now it just falls over like its top heavy sometimes it eats and drinks but mostly lays around unless I'm home to get it up tonite I noticed it had a lot of poop clumped up on its butt so I gave it a warm bath lol it's all clean now I dryed it and now it's sleeping on me as seen in my profile photo I bought some vetrx and I'm rubbing it on her beek what should I do any suggestions would be nice thank you all Chris

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Sounds like you are doing the right things. You should get faster response to your problem if you post on the Emergencies,diseases, illness, injury forum. I wonder if your girl suffered brain damage from the attack - maybe a concusion.- she may be in shock also.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, crazyc, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us but sorry to hear about your hen. I concur with drumstick's advice about posting the Emergencies forum. Good luck - hope she gets better!

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by