Sick Peachick, 3 weeks old

Debbiesflocks

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 20, 2011
Washington
Ok pete as i call him or her for now is sick today. Pete was fine last night acting 100% . Today all he wants to do is sit around so i know he is sick. I dont have a clue what to treat for, worms, black head, coccidia. he has been raised in a indoor brooder with puppy pads for a floor . i did give him a couple fresh hatched chicken chicks right out of the incubator to keep him company when he was a day old. and they have been doing good till today. The chicken chicks are still doing great. This is a picture i took just a couple minutes ago.

100693_phot0086.jpg

We are in a small town so meds are hard to find but am willing to make the hour drive to a bigger town. What i have on hand is La200 for cattle, Endo -Mectin Ivermectin, and penicillin.

Thanks

its most likely cociddia. It definately isn't worms. Try to keep it away from the chickens. They catch their diseases from the chickens.

I was able to find the corid and sulmet both of them are injectables not powder. how do we mix it with water. I found directions for mixing the powder but not for the injectable.

I use curid powder 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. I raise mine with the hatched chicks without any problems. The chicken chicks came from the egg and not outside so they should be fine. Be sure to give them medicated chick starter as it will help too. Here is what I found about Coccidia: Chickens are susceptable to nine coccidia species, turkeys to seven and game birds to four. Each species is host specific and does not usually cross contaminate - meaning that a species that infects chickens does not infect turkeys and vice versa. The things you can learn online
wink.png
Please let us know how the little bugger is doing?

Yoda, the little bugger is back to him self. The chicks he is with have never set foot out side. I thought if i raised him in the house we would be safe from things like this. He lives in my living room for now till i feel it is safe for him to go out side.

And yes i reading about it being host specific. i seen study where they tried to infect pheasants with the chicken version and not one pheasant test positive for it. they also tried with turkeys chickens and pheasants and was not able to cross contaminate the birds.

Best i can tell the chick will be Purple pied. For some odd reason i cant seem to get a good picture of him. With the flash on he just looks like a white blob and with the flash off he turns out way to dark. But i will try to get a good pic of him later today. My camera takes really good out side pictures.

Back
Top Bottom