sick peachicks

snowshoe

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 12, 2009
Central PA
I am asking this for another person she called and asked if I might know what is wrong with her three, week old peachicks she says two seem to be strectched out with no life and one is fine there stool seems to have a little blood in it they are on medicated game bird starter and she has chicks that are 4, 3 and 2 weeks old that were fed the same feed and no problem and she puts her newly hatched chicks in a seperated brooder that is a plastic rubbermaid tub with light in her basement and she uses two tubs so each set of new chicks go in a tub that was disinfected with bleach and the other chicks are in her garage in a brooder, and the only bird she has are peafowl. I do not know what the problem might be but I told her I would ask on here and what she could do for them I told her to try and get at least a little sugar water and make them drink it or something with electrolytes and vitiamins to try and give them a little energy. Any other ideas or suggestions for her.

Have her check the game bird starter to see if amprolium is an ingredient in it... because that does sound like Cocci but the medicated starter should prevent that- unless it's one of the stupid medicated starters that doesn't include amprolium.

You might also ask if she has given them any sort of treats, like mealworms or crickets, that might have carried parasites like worms- or if something that carries might've gotten into the brooder and been eaten since they are in a garage. But the more likely culprit is Cocci like Exotics said.

Back
Top Bottom