Sick peacock… urgent help required!

Jus
Post a close up pic of the face.
Just seen this, please see attached. The first is the troublesome side the main is his posture his wings are down barely eating, the last is his good side, which to me, it’s still not alert as he usually looks.

I’m not sure if it’s a change in weather as we’ve gone from 47 down to 23 degrees currently?

many thanks

Attachments

• 82AB3AA6-BBD3-4DC3-AB90-CB63CA385BE8.png
    82AB3AA6-BBD3-4DC3-AB90-CB63CA385BE8.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 42BF8B1C-0110-47E5-AA36-9459612DA74B.jpeg
    42BF8B1C-0110-47E5-AA36-9459612DA74B.jpeg
    845.9 KB · Views: 10
  • B5903344-7E67-4679-9C46-45DDBC40AFDD.jpeg
    B5903344-7E67-4679-9C46-45DDBC40AFDD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
I can not see any details on the face, the pic is too dark. The droopy stance looks more like a relaxed stance. When a droopy and sick bird hangs its wings it will hump its back and withdraw the neck and head back towards the saddle, he is not doing that, he is just relaxing his wings. His eyes are bright in the pics of his left side. If you have treated him for worms and respiratory infection I don't know what else you can do. He could have an internal problem that you can't address.

I can not see any details on the face, the pic is too dark. The droopy stance looks more like a relaxed stance. When a droopy and sick bird hangs its wings it will hump its back and withdraw the neck and head back towards the saddle, he is not doing that, he is just relaxing his wings. His eyes are bright in the pics of his left side. If you have treated him for worms and respiratory infection I don't know what else you can do. He could have an internal problem that you can't address.
No, I’ve not treated him for worms. I was reading about that today. I have treated him for respiratory.

Oh I forgo
No, I’ve not treated him for worms. I was reading about that today. I have treated him for respiratory.
t to mention he has also stopped roosting. He just lays on our veranda seating. I’ve had to move him into an enclosed coup and lay him down on a raised bed. His walking very slow and laying most of the day. He is not eating as much as he use too either.

The only thing they had was ivermectin, they said to give him 1-2cc straight down the throat and repeat monthly. That’s not what I’ve read, it’s confusing. Papa fell over yesterday and can hardly stand. Luckily I have two houses on the property, so I placed him in the winter home to keep him warm as he was cold to the touch.

Back
Top Bottom