Sick peacock

Thank you that would be great.. Zeus will be 2yrs old in July... I noticed about 2 weeks ago. He went off his food. Was not moving around much. Seemed to be loosening weight. Not himself. So I googled it and heard it could be worms. A neighbour of mine gave me tramazole as he has cattle. I heard it is very easy to over dose peafowl. So I gave him half.... 0.5ml down the throat as a drench. The next day he seemed to be a bit better as he ate and drank so I left him be. Then his poop was very runny again so I gave him another 0.5ml of tramazole. Down the throat. Left him for a few days. I went and bought invermectin for worming sheep. Again gave him 0.5ml down the throat. He is eating and drinking but his poop isn't normal at time,s it quit runny and today I found what seemed to be a large dead worm in his poop. I'm at a loss what to do.

IMG_20220119_204630.jpg

Tramazole contains albendazole, the active ingredient in Valbazen which many of us use to worm our chickens. It is usually give once and again in 10-14 days. I will have to see if you gave enough. Does his crop seem to fill up during the day and empty overnight by the next morning? What do you feed him? I would try to give him some probiotics now that he has had 3 doses of wormer. Hopefully, @casportpony will see this when she is back online. I don’t have experience with peafowl, so hopefully others will chime in.

Back
Top Bottom