Sick pekin sqeaking like a floating duck toy! and hens that won't stop panting!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nanaluvsgps, Oct 6, 2012.

1. nanaluvsgps

nanaluvsgps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2012
    Australia
    We picked up this little pekin apparently POL with three other hens. Were not sure how old she was but when we got her she was covered in lice and had bald patches on her forehead. We had 2 other hens come down with really bad respitory problems but went to the vet, picked up some baytril and they have both made a full recovery! didn't think the second one would make it but she did! so about the pekin she is on baytril aswel, 1ml a day. no improvements. she just sleeps and sleeps... Does any one know what may be wrong with her? (she squeaks like a duck toy, but doesn't crackle or have deep breaths like the other 2 sick hens. also another quick question, picked up two POL salmon favs the other day and they wont stop panting, even at night, they fan their wings out and pant non stop. Picked them up yesterday, any clues? Thanks in advance

2. bumping this post.

3. nanaluvsgps

nanaluvsgps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2012
    Australia
    99.9% posotive its gape worm. Will my other flock have it? Also I gave her 2 avitrol plus tablets in the last week. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by