1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

sick polish chicks

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Keith67, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Keith67

Keith67 New Egg

Jun 17, 2016
    I have one polish chick already died and one trying to die in two days time I`ve just received my chicks from hatchery 3 days ago and they all looked healthy what would cause the polish chicks to get sick so quick and die in days time ? I have other breeds too and they doing good so far Thanks,Keith

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. Death at this age should be attributed to shipping stress or weakness of the chicks. In hot summer temperatures or cold of winter, chicks may become hot or cold, pile up, or become dehydrated. When this is seen, giving electrolytes such as SaveAChick by dipping the beak as often as possible for 24 hours may help. Also check for pasty butt and maintain a brooder temperature at 90 degrees with a thermometer. Sorry for your loss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by