Sick polish rooster, unnatural behavior

thanai

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
Canada
So my polish rooster (about 4 mos old) is acting super dopey and quiet. He's normally pretty skittish and won't always let me pick him up, but just earlier today he started to stand in one place for long periods of time and tuck his head and neck down into his body. He's not active at all and isn't moving around. What could be the matter with him?

So my polish rooster (about 4 mos old) is acting super dopey and quiet. He's normally pretty skittish and won't always let me pick him up, but just earlier today he started to stand in one place for long periods of time and tuck his head and neck down into his body. He's not active at all and isn't moving around. What could be the matter with him?
Can you post some photos of him and his poop?

Could he have been attacked or injured somehow?
What do you feed?

You may want to separate him to a crate or kennel, check his crop to make sure it's emptying overnight, look him over for injuries and lice/mites.
See if he will drink for you. Once drinking, then offer him a little feed.

Hopefully with more info and photos we can offer better suggestions.

Can you post some photos of him and his poop?

Could he have been attacked or injured somehow?
What do you feed?

You may want to separate him to a crate or kennel, check his crop to make sure it's emptying overnight, look him over for injuries and lice/mites.
See if he will drink for you. Once drinking, then offer him a little feed.

Hopefully with more info and photos we can offer better suggestions.
@Wyorp Rock Hi and thanks for taking the time to reply. I have some photos attached. I'm super worried because his crop seems to be empty and I don't think he's eaten or drunk anything. I'm feeding him grower feed right now. There is a possibility he could have been attacked by another rooster, he's pretty low in the pecking order. I haven't found any injuries on him though, but he has a bunch of dried food around/on his face. He closes his eyes almost all of the time and stays in the stance he's in in the picture. I haven't been able to get him to ingest anything as of now. Thanks again!
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 11.09.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 11.03.36 AM.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom