SICK PULLET????HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by coltsrox, Oct 25, 2008.

1. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    Howdy my Barred Rock(bantam i think) pullet is 7months old and she has been laying lots of eggs but all of a sudden, she has quit this thursday it will be 2 weeks since she laid an egg, is she sick? or just not regular yet? shes not gone this long before.whats happening?

2. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    She could be egg bound. Do a search on this site and you'll find a lot of posts.

3. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    Is she losing her feathers? She could just be molting.
    It's when they stop laying, lose their feathers, and grow new ones in. Half my flock are molting right now. If she was eggbound, she'd probably be dead by now. I don't think a chicken could be eggbound for 2 weeks (1 of mine died after a day [​IMG] ).

4. coltsrox

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    whats eggbound???!!!

there are alot of feathers in their hutch but it seems like it could be the roosters

5. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Quote:Good point. I hope she's not eating them.

6. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    our youngsters were laying too but with the days getting shorter and winter coming they have stopped. The old experienced girls are still laying some but not as much since they are molting-getting new feathers-if she is acting normal-eating/drinking it is probably normal

7. coltsrox

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    how long will she be unnoral? in other words when will she start laying again?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by