Sick pullet.

slatts

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 13, 2013
Please help with some advice. Here's my 13 week old maran originally from MPC. Noticed her being lethargic 2 days ago. Yesterday we isolated her with water only. I thought it may be impacted crop but after trying to vomit her all that came up was water. Here's a pic of her and her poop which is yellow and watery. She appears to be nearly gone. I did not immunize for mareks.

u8u2uqe8.jpg

azu2ury9.jpg

Can you give her some sugar water with a pinch of salt in it quickly? She may have coccidiosis, and I would rush out to the feed store and buy some Corid (amprollium) in the cattle med section. Put 2 tsp of liquid or 1 tsp powder in 1 gallon of water (smaller amounts can be mixed) and treat her for 5 days. She has to drink the medicine, so dip her beak in it a few times. Mix daily, and I would treat the other chickens. Give vitamins and probiotics aftyer completing the treatment.

Can you give her some sugar water with a pinch of salt in it quickly? She may have coccidiosis, and I would rush out to the feed store and buy some Corid (amprollium) in the cattle med section. Put 2 tsp of liquid or 1 tsp powder in 1 gallon of water (smaller amounts can be mixed) and treat her for 5 days. She has to drink the medicine, so dip her beak in it a few times. Mix daily, and I would treat the other chickens. Give vitamins and probiotics aftyer completing the treatment.
X2.

Until you can get Corid, give her some buttermilk or powdered milk- this will help coat the intestines, and slow the progress of the disease.

Thanks for the advice. I tried to treat her but she was too far gone and didn't make it. The other 10 pullets all seem very energetic but will treat with Corid.

Back
Top Bottom