Sick quail chick? Splayed legs?

lisameow

Chirping
Jun 18, 2016
Australia, QLD
Here's a photo of on of my baby king quails. Is sibling looks as alert and healthy as ever but when I went down he was laying down and didn't try to get away when I picked him up. He's very lethargic and he can't even hold his little head up:( plus I think he has splayed legs. What do?? He was healthy yesterday?

UPDATE: We've given him a little bit of egg yolk and water and have made him a tiny brace with some thread and a bit of bandaid. He seems to be doing a tiny bit better as now he can hold his head up and is calling for his mom.

Last edited:
I have used tape for the splayed legs on my chicks. One did die from splayed legs that is because the others kept on stepping on it. If you make sure that the others don't step on it. It should live it looks like it is getting better since he called to his mom and held his head up. Hope the little chick survives.
UPDATE: We've given him a little bit of egg yolk and water and have made him a tiny brace with some thread and a bit of bandaid. He seems to be doing a tiny bit better as now he can hold his head up and is calling for his mom.

Hey, sadly he died. he just started getting weaker and weaker. We did everything, we kept him warm and made sure he had food and water. I guess this kind of thing happens though but it's still sad:(

I hope you have better luck next time. By the way in the picture that you posted the little quail looks adorable, and I
love.gif
it's coloring. I wish I had baby quail!!
But again I wish you better luck next time. I am so sorry.
hit.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom