Sick quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by kuskus, Apr 25, 2017.

1. kuskus

kuskus Just Hatched

Aug 14, 2016
    I have some bobwhite quail I don't know what they have but their puffed up they are still eating I had bought five Quail about three weeks ago and when I bought them they were all sick and they died and now my original quail are infected and I don't know what they have please help

2. Banana55

Banana55 Just Hatched

What are the symptoms poor things my advice is go to a vet all the quail sicknesses i know only effect old quail

3. Binki

Binki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes what are their symptoms? And if it's a killing illness then I'd advise a vet to identify and treat it ASAP :eek:

4. kuskus

kuskus Just Hatched

Aug 14, 2016
    There puffed up but luckily they're eating and drinking and it seems like they might be occasionally sneezing and By puffed up I just mean standing there in a big puffy ball walking around in a big puffy ball and some diarrhea I called all that's around me no one does poultry anymore from what it sounds like that I can get a hold of it's spread through some of my other birds but no one else has died in over a week one hen is really puffy today and my male seems a little puffier than usual

5. Yemimah

Yemimah Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2017
    I am learning about the Wonders and amazing health benefits of cayenne. You can Google this. They don't have heat receptors and it does not hurt them. Mix it in their feed and the problem may go away

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by