sick quail

maadroj

Songster
May 25, 2019
One if my quail has diarrhea, occasionally sneezes, and may have a slight fever (warm toes). Her behavior and appetite appear unaffected. I'm especially worried about the diarrhea because she's had it for several weeks now. Does anyone know what she could have and how to treat it? Or at least a treatment for the diarrhea, if nothing else?

I'll try it, but I don't think it's likely since the other birds are eating the same thing and happens even on days when she doesn't get anything extra. The feces aren't always the same but at sometimes completely liquid, a brown pool. It seems most often in the morning and even, though that may be a faulty observation.

Just an update: I was able to take her to a vet with some experience with birds, though not quail. The vet found her to be very healthy aside from the diarrhea, and the fecal sample was negative for parasites. So the vet thought it might be bacterial. The first medication she gave her didn't work, so then she prescribed tylosin, which cleared it up almost immediately.

Just an update: I was able to take her to a vet with some experience with birds, though not quail. The vet found her to be very healthy aside from the diarrhea, and the fecal sample was negative for parasites. So the vet thought it might be bacterial. The first medication she gave her didn't work, so then she prescribed tylosin, which cleared it up almost immediately.

Great to hear. Taking them to the vet can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom