1. Lady507

Lady507 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2016
    My Coop
    My dad once walked outside onto my lawn. A quaker flew out of a tree and landed next to him and my dad picked him/her up and we gave it a home. The quaker was tame and loved attention. But ever since it got here I have noticed its poop was strange. The urine part was a kind of greenish but not much. She also plucks her feathers a lot which has me worried. Today when i took her out i noticed that the feces in her poop was kind of reddish. To me it doesn't look like its blood. Though her urine actually looked clear. I have investigated this topic and it looks like to me like he/she might have kidney disease which apparently comes out from a bad diet. I don't think she was fed the correct food from where she/he came from. I would really appreciate any kind of help. Here is a picture of her poop to give you and idea of what is happening.[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  2. broody rooster

broody rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2015
    i know feather pulling is usually a sign of stress, depression, boredom etc id trying spending more time with her if possible giving her toys or things to keep her occupied and im not sure on the poop but id try to give her a varied diet and also veggies can cause watery droppings so if lots of veggies are being fed to her then that may be the cause. i hope this helps [​IMG]

3. Lady507

Lady507 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2016
    My Coop
    :DHello, thank you for your answer. She doesn't eat veggies or fruit. I've tried getting her to eat it but she won't. In going to try to spend more time with her and make more toys for her. thank you so much for answering and your reply was helpful.:thumbsup

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by