Sick R.R. HELP

4reds

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 19, 2008
sad.png
I have 3 R.R. 5 Astralops and 6 Sex linkes, I noticed the other day that one of my reds (1 1/2 yrs) was just not mixing with the others like always and she just wanted to sleep. Yesterday her comb was laying to one side and her poo was a pale yellow and pasty. When they went into the house lastnight she went in with the younger ones and went into the corner. When I went back in later to check that everyone was in she was still in the corner sleeping and all the rest were on there roosts. She just seems to have no energy she doesn't want to eat and she drinks very little. We have a water dish in front of the garage so I can watch them. I offered her some cracked corn this morning and she ate a few pieces and then slowly walked away. I am worried about her, but the others are all fine. They free range all day and are in there house at night. What do I do with her? I don't want her to die and I don't want the others to get sick. The other two reds keep coming back to see her at times during the day and she does open her eyes when she hears them.
Thanks for any help.

she may be getting ready to molt in combination with worms > have you ever wormed her? If not I would consider doing so ... preferably with a broad spectrum wormer like ivomec Eprinex.

Thank you so much. None of the chickens have been wormed. I will go to the feed store tomorrow and get some stuff and worm them all. She just looks so sad. She did eat a little egg w/ honey and corn meal today. She also has drank more today then yesterday. Again thank you so much.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom