sick rabbit

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bigmamma, Aug 6, 2007.

1. bigmamma

bigmamma Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2007
    CENTERVILLE TEXAS
    good morning, i need some help and advice. our 3 year old rabbit is having trouble breathing he is holding up his head as to get some clean breaths. he doesnt have a runny nose. i bought him in the house and am waiting to see if he improves and call the vet but i thought there may be something else i could do, i give me cat who has sinus problems childrens sinus medicine that the vet said is fine do you think this would help a rabbit? i have read some posts of members who breed rabbits so thought i wouls see if any one knew what i could do.thankyou

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    it sounds like he is having uper respitory ploblems,u would have to go to ur vet to git the meds for him

3. bigmamma

Jul 23, 2007
    CENTERVILLE TEXAS
    hi, called the vet shes not in yet but went to the feed store after looking online to see what else i could do and got antibotics that are safe for rabbits so heres hoping it will help, poor thing i feel so helpless

4. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Be very careful - most antibiotics are not OK for bunnies.

5. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    my bunny rabbit got wovelves one time and we were prescioed by the vet to go to the feed store and git some terrimicin and give to him and in a week he waz better,terimin is an antobiotis that u can give to ur poultry ,

6. bigmamma

Jul 23, 2007
    CENTERVILLE TEXAS
    thankyou for your replies, i gave him terrimicin but he died in my aems i got hold of the vet and she said that is what she would have done too, i feel so bad as thou i could have done more but i have been told rabbits get sick very fast and theres not much time, my dog is also very sad as they were buddies, the rabbit was bigger than him! they used to play alot chasing each other around the house. i will really miss him

7. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    im sorry for ur loss, yes rabbits git sick very fast [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by