Sick red golden male ???? Help me please

aldren90

Songster
9 Years
Nov 11, 2010
Florida
hit.gif
my red golden male is sick I think because his wings are drooped and he isn't moving around that much he is very tame and isn't hyper like my swins and amhersts and never really has been to jumpy but he sits in the sun with his eyes closed and wings drooped so I don't know what is wrong he does this all the time ever since I got em which was last summer but his wings are really drooped now and he has started closing his eyes but he eats and drinks on his own and he doesn't seem to want to breed either so help me please I don't know what's wrong or what to do
hit.gif

Are there any other signs besides the wing drooping, eyes closed and not much energy? How are his poops? Are they runny? Does he have any discharge from his eyes or nose? Have you checked him over for some kind of injury? When was the last time you dewormed your birds? What kind of food are you feeding him? We need a bit more information to help you make a informed decision.
The only thing I would say to try right at the moment is to give him some POLYVISOL (sp?) baby vitamin drops WITHOUT the iron to kind of help boost him for a time.

Poops good no discharge no other signs no injuries worked about a month ago feed purine game bird grain but the energy has always been like this ok what about giving him duramycin

Get him on his own in a cage and give him anti biotics in his water
dont know what type you get there but i have had this with a couple of my birds
try it dont leave him with the others
Is he old??

I'm not sure around 2 or 3 I looked at him last night and he seemed to have picked up his wings and gotten better so I don't know but I'll try it thanks

Quote:
Are you feeding him only the grain or are you feeding him the game bird crumbles? if you are feeding only the grain he is not getting all the vitamins and nutrients that he needs and that can cause his depressed state.

Quote:
IF he has no other signs of injury and IF he has no other signs of illness (runny poop, discharge from eyes or nose, sneezing or any type of neurological issue) it sounds to me like it could be lack of something vital in his diet or it sounds like a good case of worms. What do you deworm your birds with?

How long have you had him and were did you get him from? Did you quarantine him from the rest of your flock before introducing him to the rest?

Back
Top Bottom