Sick RIR, whiteish-yellow poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Wendybil, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Wendybil

Wendybil Hatching

Jul 23, 2013
    NorCali
    Hi,

I have a 2 1/2 yr old RIR that has been sickly for about a week. Pale comb, tail drooping, not eating, and whitish-yellow poop sticking to her fluff. Her vent is pink and clean, no discharge, I tried to feel inside for an egg or broken shell, but didn't feel anything. When I wash her rear end, she has a bulge below her vent that she'll squirm when I push on it (gently of course). At first I thought egg-bound, but I'd heard they will die within a few days, and there really hasn't been a change in her. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, with the exception of me pressing on that bulge.

I don't want to offend anyone with these pics, but I really need help. We've been having a heat wave for the past week (110-115 degrees) so I have her indoors where it's cooler, and the others can't peck her and she's getting chick starter and fresh fruits and veggies.

Help!

[​IMG]
    This is what I washed off her "fluff" this morning, her poop is kinda watery and there is much more white/yellow

[​IMG]

Thank you so much for any info you can give!
    Wendy

2. R.M.Qureshi

R.M.Qureshi Songster

Jun 20, 2011
    Lahore , Pakistan
    Dear Wendy,

In my experience your RIR is suffering from Bacillary white diarrhoea. The dark green color in poop is un-utilized bile juice. Pasty vent also confirms the disease. Please have a look at the following link for reference.

General signs are

Inappetance, Depression ,Ruffled feathers, Closed eyes, White diarrhoea, Vent pasting, Gasping( in last stage), Lameness.

Treatment:
    Amoxycillin, poteniated sulponamide, tetracylines, fluoroquinolones

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/diseaseinfo/131/salmonella-pullorum-pullorum-disease-bacillary-white-diarrhoea

You can also visit my page for more references.
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A99F88838D34E678!250&authkey=!AAOQW5GvPFg0J30

Rehan

3. R.M.Qureshi

R.M.Qureshi Songster

Jun 20, 2011
    Lahore , Pakistan
    Please allow me to add your pics in my data base.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by