sick roo pale comb

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sheila3935, Aug 3, 2010.

1. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Yesterday I noticed one of my 8 week old roos not acting right. He wasnt his usually bouncy self sitting off by himself so I took him in put him in a cage. Thought maybe he got chilled cause hubby didnt turn off their fan night before and was pretty cool in the coop. Made him comfortable put some electrolites in his water. He seemed to get better eating drinking good, so later put him back in the coop. This morning went to check on them, he is running around eating drinking ok but his comb and wattle is pink instead of red. Does this sound like a worm problem? He is breathing ok no discahrge. poo is ok a little runny sometimes yesterday but not everytime. I anm worried because of the paleness of the comb normally red not quite as dark as the others but red now pink

2. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    I was trying to do a google search to see if I could figure out what may be happening. I did stumble across another forum where a member's rooster had the SAME problem as yours (pale comb, runny stools, but otherwise running around normal) Here is the site:
    http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=293888 I hope it helps!

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I just got him some vitamins this morning Gonna give him some of that.This morning after I posted I noticed he is not preening, Had poo on his backside feathers, so gave him a warm bath just bum area wrapped him in a warm towel til he dried Started him on duramycin seems a little better getting ready to give him egg yolk hard boiled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by