1. zodiac440

zodiac440 In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2014
    Amarillo tx
    Ive gpt a 6 month old. Seabright bantam hes not crowed alot as of late and today he has been laying around instead of walking around like usual amd my wife said he feels like he hasnt been eating any help will be greatly apreciated

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Free Ranging Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Does he have any symptoms of a respiratory disease such as watery or sticky eyes, nasal drainage, swelling around an eye or the face, cough/sneeze, or chest rattles? Does he have any gasping, silent or noisy? How are his poops? Does he have any leg weakness? Has he been wormed recently? Have you added any new birds lately?

3. zodiac440

zodiac440 In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2014
    Amarillo tx
    My wife said she brought him inside and he is eating and drinking but she said worms are the most likely possibilty whats a good de wormer and wheres the best places to get it

4. Eggcessive

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Valbazen is the best getting all chicken worms, SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer is very good but doesn't get tapeworm which most chickens don't have. Either are 1/4 ml by mouth, then repeat in 10 days. Most farms stores carry them or you can find them online. http://www.jefferspet.com/products/safeguard-dewormer-goats-125ml

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. zodiac440

zodiac440 In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2014
    Amarillo tx
    Thank you for all the info i just got home and now have seen him his comb is tirning purple my wife said it was pale she said could be sour craw impacted craw im sending a picture so maybe that will help with figurong out for sure what it is deffinatly goin to pick up spme de wormer weve got aome bread soaked with olive oil to help with a possible impacted craw and water mixed with apple coder vinager to help with sour craw [​IMG]

6. zodiac440

zodiac440 In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2014
    Amarillo tx
    He passed away :..(

7. Sarevan

Sarevan Songster

Sep 30, 2013
    White Swan, WA
    So sorry for your loss. Was it sour crop?

8. Eggcessive

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Sorry for your loss. He was a little older for coccidiosis, but he still could have had it with the way he looked in the picture. I would watch the others for symptoms. Did he have diarrhea or blood in his poops? In many cases of cocci, there will be a puffy crop or crawl.

9. zodiac440

zodiac440 In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2014
    Amarillo tx
    It was impacted craw from what we could tell he had stoped crowing but was still cery active then yeaterday became lethargic and lost color in his comb then it turned purple this is the 2nd bird weve lost the first was a red star that got egg bound back in june me any my wife are both pretty discouraged. Thinkin about sellin off our flock all together

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by