Sick rooster and it's my 1st post

moonshadowchick

Hatching
Dec 4, 2015
I search on here all the time, but this is my 1st question. (Thanks for all the great info!) My rooster, of uknown age, is believed to have wry neck. It began a week ago Wednesday when he just didn't act right and didn't eat so I brought him to the house that evening when he hadn't improved. The next morning his neck was twisted that was Thanksgiving day. I began feeding him baby cereal and the Poly vi sol that was recommended. On Saturday I took him to the vet he instructed me to tube feed and gave me Baytril injections for 5 days. I did more research and realized I overlooked the vitamin E and Selenium that is also recommended so I went and purchased liquid formulations of those and began them Tuesday morning. I also started feeding him hand feeding formula for birds. It's Friday and he's pretty much the same. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help. I really live this guy.

Hi and welcome to BYC but sorry to hear about your roo problem. I'm sure more experienced members will chime in soon and give any further advice, but you seem to be doing as much as you can so far.

Good luck

CT

Welcome to BYC! I have not experiences Wry Neck myself, but I would recommend searching it on the site (especially articles). I'm sure you could find some information on it.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom