Sick rooster, not crowing for a cpl wks now

Dtoper

In the Brooder
Dec 2, 2018
Hi there! I haven’t had chickens for long so am a bit unfamiliar with what to do here to help my rooster. Long and short of it I love this bird he’s such a good boy, has always let me pet him, he’s actually a very friendly rooster. He’s been walking around with a dropped tail for a cpl wks now, laying around more often and just started losing feathers the past cpl days. His face is also very faded, one side nearly white and continues to be very pale. I have seen him eat and drink pretty consistently but tonight was the first night he didn’t go in the coop with his two hens.. he’s laying outside of it sleeping. Any ideas or suggestions what I can do to help him get better? TY SOO MUCH!!

Hi there! I haven’t had chickens for long so am a bit unfamiliar with what to do here to help my rooster. Long and short of it I love this bird he’s such a good boy, has always let me pet him, he’s actually a very friendly rooster. He’s been walking around with a dropped tail for a cpl wks now, laying around more often and just started losing feathers the past cpl days. His face is also very faded, one side nearly white and continues to be very pale. I have seen him eat and drink pretty consistently but tonight was the first night he didn’t go in the coop with his two hens.. he’s laying outside of it sleeping. Any ideas or suggestions what I can do to help him get better? TY SOO MUCH!!
he's very poorly. Have you checked for parasites? pale colour strongly suggests he's losing blood, either externally to blood sucking parasites, or internally to the same or enteric disease. What's his poop like?

Back
Top Bottom